Work on the Jagende Hutte

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shaman

Work on the Jagende Hutte

Postby shaman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 am

I'm in the process of working on working up a new Jagende Hutte,  a raised blind.  I finished up all the exterior surfaces today and decided to move ahead with painting.  I thought you might like a look at how it's finishing up.   Let me know how you like my camo scheme.

That's the deck there on the left, I put it on short legs so I'd have a good work surface.  When it gets hauled to the site, I'll have 8' fence posts to put it on.

Here's some more pictures
[url=http://picasaweb.google.com/dorfdimpaler/TRIP090703#]
Jagende Hutte Update[/url]
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

passin through

RE: Work on the Jagende Hutte

Postby passin through » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:44 pm

I like It!--=-  I know from personal experience you'll love using those steel elevators.
The first saying that popped into mind when I saw your camo pattern though....
(Forgive me because time may have eroded it some.... ) but  "that guy would wear a Sherman Button to a Georgia picnic" was the first thing I thought.  Probably won't be many know what that means but I'm willing to bet you may have heard it before[:D]
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:11 am

Thanks.  I appreciate that.    As a matter of fact, I took my 1st born son down turkey hunting with me in Mississippi about month after he was born.  His name is William, and I told folks he was named for William Tecumseh Sherman.   Man! You should have seen the dirty looks.

I've actually met some of Sherman's kin, and they're not all that bad.  They're from over around Lancaster, OH.  One branch married into a family of Cincinnati German brewers, the Lackmans.  Lackman got put out of business as a result of prohibition, but used to have a brewery in the Over the Rhine district of Cincinnnati.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:30 am

I've actually met some of Sherman's kin, and they're not all that bad.

The school I went to actually sits on the old Camp Sherman Civil war camp.  Named after William Tecumseh Sherman.  Also a wildlife area on part of the old camp. 
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:48 am

Boy oh boy would I like to jump into the Sherman conversation! But...given the fact that I am elbow deep in the crossbow thing right now, it would be unwise to open a second front.

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:46 am

William Tecumseh Sherman (Uncle Billy). A great general and tactician. Love him or hate him, he was effective. 

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:07 am

JPH:  I really don't think you're in too deep with the crossbow thing.  Go ahead and let us what you think. We ain't gonna bite.

We're back from the site.  I got the deck and the walls moved out, but did not get the fence posts cut before the rain hit-- looking for 6 hours of toad strangling.  In order to erect the thing, I've strung a log chain between two trees and then run a block and tackle off that.  All the heavy lifting will be done by running the rope to the back of the truck.  When we're all done, I'm going to saw down one of the trees. 

I'll send more pics when I can.

passin through

Postby passin through » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:25 am

Um... to explain...there really was nothing much ment by the Sherman statement excpt that was an old saying down here to fit someone who was brazen, bold or brassy...hence the wearing of a Sherman button to a picnic in a state that still doesn't care much for the guy 144 years later.  That I thought fit Shamans camo pattern...pictorals of deer hunters on the sides of a deer shack...= bold and IMO funny.
& I had nothing against "Uncle Billy" either fyi...he was my kind of general who fought a war of the knife....something the leadership in DC hasn't done since WW2.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:30 am

ORIGINAL: shaman

JPH:  I really don't think you're in too deep with the crossbow thing.  Go ahead and let us what you think. We ain't gonna bite.

Oh no you don't! You got me once with that "opinion poll". Now you want me to express my thoughts on Sherman's march to the sea with a bunch of my dog huntin', crossbow totin', Lynard Skynard listenin' Southern friends?

Ha, ha, ha! Good one.

shaman

Postby shaman » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:01 am

Very well. 

We're back in for lunch after a soggy trip to the site.  It rained until 1000 .    We've got the deck erected.  We hope to have the walls up before sundown.  If we can do that, I'll wait until later in the summer to get the roof on.

Next

Return to General Discussions